For those of us who have to re-image computers on a regular basis for people, we know backing up files can sometimes be a slow and painful process. So I decided to make this simple backup script out of VB Script that makes the process a ton easier.

Basically what it does is scans through the folders in the current user directory (ie: you copy the script to C:\Users\Bob) and any directory that is not a junction it starts a Robocopy instance that recursively copies all the files in that folder to a backup folder specified at the beginning of the script. When you first run the script you’ll see probably 10 Robocopy windows to start and they’ll all eventually close once they’re done.

Download

Can it work with XP? Probably, since XP doesn’t have junction points then it would just copy all the folders anyway.

Previous ArticleNext Article
O.

Oops… they did it again.

Well it seems my faithful cell provider sadly broke the Internet on their cellular network  again*sigh*. I’m referring back to the previous problem I had with accessing any streaming services on the mobile browser on my Samsung u740 about a year or so ago. They eventually fixed the previous problem after about 1-2 months of me acquiring the phone and reporting the problem. This time around however they’re blaming it on their recent separation from a sister company and that they no longer support streaming on their network. Of course after mowing through several Customer Service Monkeys I eventually discovered that they no longer support their paid streaming, which I could care less about. But the fact that I cannot access current streaming services on the Internet is in fact a problem on their network, but not that they don’t support streaming. At any rate, I was finally able to submit a ticket to their data analysts about a week ago… still no response.

C.

Compiling Samba…

I’m working on my DNS 323 to update everything so Debian will take over all control. This includes upgrading Samba. Now installing Samba using the apt-get call to the Debian package library proved unsuccessful, not that it didn’t install it just didn’t run afterwards. The package in the Debian repository is a bit behind in revisions so I figured I’d grab the source from the Samba SVN and compile it. Well after like an hour of compiling it errors out (bah!) with an error basically indicating it can’t find the main() function in one of the script files. Guess it’ll be a work in progress for now.