Best streaming radio

So I’ve had the opportunity to try out a few free streaming radio sites, and I must say out of the few I’ve tried AOL Radio and 1.FM are two of the best.

 Advantages to AOL Radio

  • Works both in Internet Explorer and FireFox
  • Tons of Radio Stations
  • Has XM satellite radio channels

Disadvantages to AOL Radio

  • You need to install a plug-in/active x control
  • Not compatible with mobile devices
  • Not always anything good playing

Advantages to 1.FM

  • Works in Windows Media Player
  • Works on Smart Phones
  • Normally good music
  • Has 32K and 128K stations for Dial up and High Speed Internet

Disadvantages to 1.FM

  • You need a player that’s compatible with ASX (Media Player streams)
  • Not a lot of channels

At the moment I’ve switched from AOL Radio to 1.FM as I can use it in Media Player and unlike AOL Radio, it’s not blocked at my University.

Discussions — No responses yet